Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Techniques

I'm always interested in improving my skills as a photographer. As such, I find trying new techniques that I find interesting helps me to improve how I look at a potential image, and allows me to expand my visual library.

Frequently I find that I'm not very good the first few times I try. I'll either write down items I'll try differently next time, or simply move on as it is not a technique I care to pursue.

Today I attempted a technique for photographing flowers that I've been interested in for a while. Generally an extension tube is required, not having one I added my 1.4 tele-extender to my 70-300mm lens. As happens so often the results weren't great, but I think this is a technique I will pursue.

From Biltmore 4-12-09


Cheers

Mark

No comments: